Chlorine balancing frustration

21:45 test (and goal for tomorrow!)

FC - 18.5
CC - trace (R-0003 turned the solution just barely any shade of pink - almost not at all)

Brings up another point based on pool volume like Bmoreswim mentioned. If 26k gallons was right, and I had to come pretty close with 1.2 gallons added, my FC should be higher, right? Even if I go up to 28k, it still only calls for 1.3 gallons. I wonder if the cheap bleach I bought was mis-labeled 8.3% and should have been 6.3%?

If I use those numbers (FC start 16, target 18.5, 26k gallons, 6.3%) it tells me to add 1 gallon, and 27k gallons hits a little over 1 gallon. I'm leaning toward the bleach being 6.3% and my capacity closer to 27k. Thoughts?

Took the OCLT final test at 06:00. Results:

FC - 18.5
CC - .5

Now what? Just wait for the FC to come down before swimming? What should my target number be? We generally have a very light swimmer load - just me, the wife, and our 3YO son get in every couple of days. Occasionally, the neighbors come by, but that's about it...

Thanks for all the help and guidance!!!!
:D

Excellent job, you should notice over the next few weeks that things seem to go better now that your pool is fully cleared.

Your target now is 7 ppm, don't let it fall below 5. Once you get below 10 you can get a good pH reading. Adjust that if needed, and then just maintain your FC above 5 and you are good to enjoy the rest of your season!

OK,

After the first full day of relaxing and using the pool (gorgeous day here in Sussex County, DE today!!), total battery at 21:00:
pH - 7.5
FC - 12.5
CC - .5 (trace only really)
TA - 110
CH - 120
CYA - 55
Temp - 78 refreshing degrees!

Awesome! Thanks again to everyone! Hope I can repay the debt some day - maybe somebody will need some help hooking up an Intermatic timer!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.