Background... Opened my pool and it looked great... Shocked it and all was good except for low ph and low alkalinity. At the suggestion of pool store added ph+ and a cup of alkalinity increase. Right after that it rained and rained and rained. Chlorine was off everyday because of the rain and PH never increased... So my husband was adding Ph everyday and he had the chlorinator on full. I was away with my kids. When I came home I had what I thought was an algae problem. So I shocked again and scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed (everyday for a week) and the stains never lifted. I went to 3 different pool stores for water testing. One said everything was good except low chlorine and to continue to shock and the stain would go away ( wont go back there ever again). Went to a second pool store that tested water electronically. They said I had copper in the pool, good ph. 7.4, cya was 150, and low chlorine.
Third pool store tested and did all the testing in front of me and told me low chlorine, high CYA like over 200 NO Copper, super high ph 8.0+. They tested for phosphates and I am loaded with phosphates.
I have purchased over 100 dollars in pool chemicals in the last week. After reading posts and watching YouTube I learned about the vitamin c test. The stains lifted immediately so I literally bought all the vitamin c I could find and cleaned the entire stain. I THINK I OVERDOSED ON ASCOBIC ACID! Now my pool won't hold chlorine.
It looks like all my levels are now low.... Latest reading from 3 minutes ago today is ( using test strips)
FC- 0 to 0.5
Alkalinity - 40-50 range
Stabilizer - between the 30-50 range and 100
Now what do I do? The third pool store sold me phosfree... And told me to use it at night.
Thank you for your help!