Any suggestions before I break out my Scuba gear?

DLO

May 28, 2008
Sioux City, IA
I have iron stained calcium deposits on the vinyl liner of the pool. They are heaviest on the slope leading to the deep end but also are on the walls of the deep end. The are not covering huge areas but there are a lot of small deposits throughout making it not look bad. I tested the stuff by scraping off a few small pieces and placing them in acid. They foamed and were quickly dissolved. Is there any other way to disolve the scaling besides me getting my dive gear on and spending a couple hrs under water scraping and brushing? Here are todays test results:

FC-5 CC-0 TA-160 pH-7.6 CYA-48

After testing I added 8 cups of bleach and 4 cups of acid to target a pH of 7.4 and a FC of 6.

Thank You. Dave

Hi, Dave,

If you can get it done in a couple of hours or even 1/2 a day, I think that's your best bet.

Lowering your pH for a L-o-o-o-n-g time may be helpful but probably not worth it if you can clean it up manually.

CH-240

As mentioned in another of my posts, I lowered the TA from 310-160 in two aeration cycles. I'm trying to keep the pH at the low end of normal from here on out. I did notice that since i lowered the TA I had my first pH increase since I opened the pool in early April (to 7.6) as mentioned before, I added acid this morning after testing to target a pH of 7.4. I may take it down to 7.2 or 7.3 and leave it there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.