HamburgerChef

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2013
Indianapolis Indiana
Here are my latest test results. Recovering from the flu so pool has been neglected for the past few days.

PH 8.2
FC 0.5
TA 250
CYA 25

According to the CYA chart I should have a target FC level of about 3.5. Does this mean I should put 3.5 into the Pool Calculator or does this mean I should have an average FC of 3.5. In other words should I put say FC 4 into the calculator if I average a FC loss of 1 per day so that I average FC 3.5?

I would raise the CYA to at least 30. At 30 you need to maintain an FC level of 2-6 and don't let it go below 2.

Check out chlorine / cya chart in pool school. . If you have alot of sun on the pool you can raise it some more to help with FC loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

pwrstrk said:
I would raise the CYA to at least 30. At 30 you need to maintain an FC level of 2-6 and don't let it go below 2.

Still in the process of raising CYA to 30. A whole bottle of HTH Stabilizer Conditioner got me to 25.

So am I correct in thinking that the target # in the pool calculator from pool school is the FC level to have average through out the day then? It is not the level to bring FC up to everyday after testing?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
HamburgerChef said:
JasonLion said:
The Pool Calculator is your friend.

At the bottom it says there is an extra calculator. Easy to miss it since its not colored. It says add 4.5 gallons of 20 baume. Although it says that its not accurate if your TA is outside of 80-120. I will buy 6 gallons to start and see where that gets me.
Just don't add it all at once.

Richard320 said:
HamburgerChef said:
JasonLion said:
The Pool Calculator is your friend.

At the bottom it says there is :wink: an extra calculator. Easy to miss it since its not colored. It says add 4.5 gallons of 20 baume. Although it says that its not accurate if your TA is outside of 80-120. I will buy 6 gallons to start and see where that gets me.
Just don't add it all at once.

Sorry, have too :wink: Pool calc says.

I just rechecked FC. Here is the rundown for today.

9:30 am
PH 8.2
FC 0.5
TA 250
CYA 25

10:30 am Added 3lb dry acid and 6 cups 10% bleach. This should have brought FC to 3.5. Didn't test to make sure though.

:swim:

6:00 pm
PH 7.8
Added 1 gallon Muriatic Acid 20 baume and 9oz Cyanuric acid. Pointed return up to raise PH.

8:00
PH 7.1
FC 1.5
Added 6 more cups Bleach.

This means my pool used 2ppm of chlorine between 10:30 am and 8:00pm. Twice the 1ppm it normally uses. Is this a sign of algae growth? There was about 50% sun and clouds today. The pool has been neglected all week until today due to a bout with flu. By neglected I mean added 2 cups bleach each day without testing.

What is your CC ? How does your water look ?

You added stabilizer to get to 30 correct ?

How about adding enough chlorine to get to 6ppm and do a OCLT test to see how much you lose. Check FC in the morning before sun gets on the pool. See what ya got then.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.