Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: intex replacement parts

1. Back To Top    #1

intex replacement parts

Broke my vacuum body yesterday, it has held up good for the 3 years that I've owned it. It was completely my fault instead of pulling the hose from the vacuum I bent it and it snapped off the rotating plastic hose connection and the teeth that held it on. The little teeth got caught up in the pre-filter basket on the pump so no damage to the pump. It was a additional purchase and did not come with my pool when I bought it. I found just the replacement body on Intex website for $6 plus $6 for shipping. Hopefully the ground shipping will be within decent time ill be ordering monday unless I find a alternative. I personally like the intex vacuum it has the brush head, with the debris bag. I would like a auto vac with a debris bag but all the ones I have found say they dont work with intex.

[attachment=2:3nry8m6i]vacuumbody.jpg[/attachment:3nry8m6i]

Wife was questioning about a platform for our ladder. we have the ladder that came with the pool, its a 48" with no platform. on Intex website it lists a replacement platform for a 52" ladder. I'm questioning if this could be adapted to work with my 48" or if I would just have to buy the $68 52" ladder. the platform is only $15.

Pictures below
    15'x4' Metal Frame Intex 3yo (2nd year winterized) 16" 2650gph intex sand filter, Thru wall skimmer, dual inlet/single outlet, 1000gph intex pump (heater) Solar Cover TF-100 testkit, TFPC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: intex replacement parts

this is the seperate platform, could only post 3 pictures
    15'x4' Metal Frame Intex 3yo (2nd year winterized) 16" 2650gph intex sand filter, Thru wall skimmer, dual inlet/single outlet, 1000gph intex pump (heater) Solar Cover TF-100 testkit, TFPC

3. Back To Top    #3

yes you can use the platform for the taller ladder. I used a 52 in. ladder on my 48 in . had to drill new mounting holes, but it woked very well holes

4. Back To Top    #4

Do you think this platform would fit my 42" ladder? Or maybe I should just invest in a new, sturdier ladder.

This is what I have now, the ladder that came with the pool. My kids and I are used to it, but it's kind of rickety.

[attachment=0:2vjd1bgv]JS1542DSC03317.jpg[/attachment:2vjd1bgv]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim
    Intex 15' x 42" -- 4,000 gallons
    installed August 2012
    Intex 2650 sand filter, Hayward skimmer
    TF-100 test kit, TFP method

5. Back To Top    #5

Get a better ladder. We did.
    20 x 48 Intex Ultra Frame
    Sand filter with SWG attached.
    Deck added on (05/18/2013)
    Thinking about adding more deck
    Pool steps added in - (got rid of that crappy ladder that came with Intex pool) 05/18/2013.

"A little bit of paradise in our yard"

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by bikerskid120
    Get a better ladder. We did.
    Yeah, that sounds like a better idea.
    Jim
    Intex 15' x 42" -- 4,000 gallons
    installed August 2012
    Intex 2650 sand filter, Hayward skimmer
    TF-100 test kit, TFP method