Extra water meter and pool light

Jul 9, 2013
Del Rio, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I just bought my house. I think I have a lot of these pool things figured out but I need to add water. My house is equipped with two meters to save money. One meter is for the house and I am charged the water and the sewer fees. The other should be for the sprinklers, pool and an outside spigot so I can wash the cars. I won't get charged the sewage fees and it will be a lot cheaper. I just cant find a faucet for the second meter any tips on how to locate it?

Also my pool light is out. I tried putting a new bulb in there but I couldn't get a lot of threads. do I need to replace the whole fixture?

If your second meter is for your irrigation, there may not be a faucet on that system. However there is nothing saying you can't add one or two.

Can you get to both meters to read them? if you can. make sure no one is using any water in your house, and note the reading on both. Turn on each outside faucet one at a time, and note which meter moves after each one.

Or turn off the water at the house meter, then go around and locate a water source that will turn on and that has pressure. Then see how you can configure this to feed your pool.

As for the light, it may not be the bulb, but another reason such as wiring. Do a search here and you'll get lots of answers. I just replaced mine using the info here and had no problems. Took all of 20 minutes at most. Mine was not the bulb, but the light housing itself had failed and let water into the circuitry shorting it out.

Well I turned off the main to the house and all of the Hose Bibs turned off. So I think that they did not install an auxiliary faucet that was tied into the second meter. Looks like I got to get my shovel and do it right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.