Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help... Display says Chlorinator OFF and No Flow!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Help... Display says Chlorinator OFF and No Flow!!!

Not sure what to do. Water tested low on Chlorine, salt level and everything else apparently fine. Shocked several times and put Chlorine Tablets on skimmer. Does this mean salt is not producing chlorine? What's the quick fix? I appreciate the help!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Help... Display says Chlorinator OFF and No Flow!!!

Welcome to tfp, poolidiotme

What does you water look like?

For us to be most helpful, we will need some details. See: Specifically I am looking for test results and pool equipment details.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Help... Display says Chlorinator OFF and No Flow!!!

That means the SWG cell is not getting enough water flow to produce chlorine, so the controller has turned off the SWG.

Usually this is caused by something simple, like a clogged skimmer basket, or pump strainer basket, or dirty filter, or dirty manifold strainer screen (if your unit has a manifold strainer screen).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School