Decided to go for it!

dubele

Jun 17, 2013
Southeast Pennsylvania
Hello all,

For those that remember me, I sign a pool contract tomorrow! I've decided to go with anthony sylvan for a gunite pool.

I have a few questions:

Sheer descents - I will have two of these coming from an 18" high wall they are building. At first, he quoted me the falls being powered by a separate pump. When I told him the price was too high overall for the entire pool, he came back a view days later and took the separate pump away and upgraded me from a one and half horsepower to a two horsepower filter pump and he said that would power the falls. I am not sure I like this idea.....I think I like the idea of a separate pump so I don't have to have the filter pump running to have the falls work. However, is the separate pump just something else that will break or cause issues down the road?

Concrete - Should I do stamped concrete or broom finish concrete?...Or cool deck? Which is longer lasting?

500 watt vs LED - Which light is better?

White plaster or quartz?

P.S. - I may make a pest of myself today and early tomorrow before I sign and agree to the terms.

Thanks as always!
Doug

I am not really much help ~ just wanted to say congrats on going for it. It's exciting.

I personally am a fan of LED lighting. I don't have it in the pool, but around the property. Several on the road have asked what I am using because it's totally awesome. Poolwise though I have no knowledge to offer on that. Same with the pump, but if I had falls ~ I would want to operate them solo, not having to run the filter. I would also like the idea if the pool pump broke/malfunctioned, I could connect the falls' one to use, while I diagnosed and fixed or was awaiting replacement.

Grew up with an IG. It had cement & it was beautiful~ I can honestly say I prefer decking, for me aesthetically a beautiful decking area trumps all. I also live in an area that winters heavily and decks always seem to have the longevity around here for our climate.

Again Congrats ~ take plenty of pictures and share.

:cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.