SWG not working

May 9, 2010
I change my cell around 2-3 years ago but now generator light is on but the no flow and check salt remain lit.
Also, the salt readings are 0.
Had my salt checked last week and at 3,000.
Also the swg just last week indicated 2,800.

I cleaned cell and checked sensor..all appear to be working.
In the mean time I am using bleach.

here are my numbers on the swg;

temp 92
volt 30.3
current 0
output 85p
inst salt -0
name AL-1
software r1.33
cell type0

According to Hayward:
To Set Turbo Cell Type
Before operation, the Aqua Rite must be configured for the chlorinator cell that will be used. Refer to the following information and steps below to set the Turbo cell type.
"t-3" = T-CELL-3, GLX-CELL-3-W "t-5" = GLX-CELL-5, GLX-CELL-5-W "t-9 = T-CELL-9, GLX-CELL-9-W "t-15" =T-CELL-15,GLX-CELL-15-W
1. Slide the Main Switch to the "Auto" position.
2. Push the Diagnostic button repeatedly until "t-xx" appears on the display ("t-15" is
the factory default). If the desired cell type is displayed skip to step 4.
3. To change to a different cell type, slide the Main Switch from "Auto" to "Super Chlorinate" and back to "Auto". Repeat this process until the desired cell type is
displayed.
4. Push the Diagnostic button to exit.

Does software version 1.33 have the ability to set different cells? I thought that was on the newer software revision (although I'm not sure what verision is newer) :)

I was having a similar issue this year and was afraid my board had gone bad again. I sat outside and turned my unit on and off enough times to know if you got 0 for current your cell isn't energizing.

When was the last time you checked/cleaned your cell? My issue ended up being my cell was REALLY in need of cleaning. Really in need, like I had to do it for 20-30 minutes three different times to get it all cleaned up.

CLB

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.