Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Swam in our pool today for the FIRST TIME...Thank you TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

Swam in our pool today for the FIRST TIME...Thank you TFP

Bought a house at the end of last summer that has an AG Pool. Pool hadn't been opened all year and interestingly enough had thousands of tadpoles in it when we first viewed the house.

I managed to cover it for the winter and have been trying to open it since May.

Long story short (be glad to share the whole story if anyone is interested - comedy of errors and a small fortune spent)...I made a lot of mistakes, listened to the advice of friends with pools (that I now know have no idea what the heck they're doing either) LOL.

I'm the guy who knows what I don't know...so i started lurking here for a while, reading Pool School and searching for information every time I had ANOTHER issue and joined in June and kept reading and searching for info.

I had a healthy dose of skepticism with everyone and their brother "pimping" a good test kit and hey look we sell them , but I finally bought one when I had the cash and SERIOUSLY appreciate taking control of the pool.

The kids and I had great fun today (and there's a heat wave coming in this week).

Thanks so much.
    --Russ
    Brooklyn, CT

AG round, 24' x 3.5' deep, 13k gal, vinyl-lined pool, sand filter--31.5 gpm, 1.0 hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Swam in our pool today for the FIRST TIME...Thank you TF

Be proud of yourself with your new found knowledge.

Enjoy that pool.

Any other questions we're just a log on away.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by rharlowjr
    I had a healthy dose of skepticism with everyone and their brother "pimping" a good test kit and hey look we sell them , but I finally bought one when I had the cash and SERIOUSLY appreciate taking control of the pool.
    Yep...that's why having a good test kit is Job 1 - tough to take control of a pool without one. Now you have knowledge that is priceless.

You will soon discover that the test kit is an investment and not an expense. Investments provide a return. The return comes from saving money by properly dosing with the appropriate chemicals thereby avoiding algae and other contamination while extending the life of your pool surface and equipment.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4

I love how you selected Abe Vigoda as your avatar

That made my whole day, thank you
    AGP: 27' x 52" : 17,500 gallon
    300 lb. Sand Filter (75 gpm) / 1.5 hp pump
    Full Sun ~ All Day

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by DKT113
    I love how you selected Abe Vigoda as your avatar

That made my whole day, thank you
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one that every time I see it - LOL

--Russ
    Brooklyn, CT

AG round, 24' x 3.5' deep, 13k gal, vinyl-lined pool, sand filter--31.5 gpm, 1.0 hp pump