Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any opinions about this product?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any opinions about this product?

http://crystalclearchems.com/c/

Heard about this on the radio, good sales pitch, guy claims it is like sun block for your pool? Will lower the cost of pool maintenance and keep your pool water "Crsystal Clear".
    My pool:
    Built 2004, 14K gal, IG plaster,Pentair WhisperFlo 2 HP pump(1 speed), Pentair FNS Plus DE filter,
    In Floor cleaning system, Attached Spa with Spillover seperate WhisperFlo pump for jets.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any opinions about this product?

"What is in CC? The basic chemicals are Cupric Sulphate, Pentahydrate, Zinc, Sulphate, Monohydrate What is the SPF number for the sunblock in CC? About 5
    Is there a retail location that sells CC ? Yes, please see the website
    How much does it cost? $39.95 per liter plus shipping and handling or $39.95 per liter at stores
    Is it safe on epoxy-treated pool surfaces? Yes
    Is it easy to use? Yes, with the pump running pour into the skimmer, use as directed
    How much should I use? 1 liter per 13,000 gallons, once a month
    Do you have a return policy? Yes, please visit Shipping and Returns for details
    Do you sell to dealers and professional pool cleaners? Yes, please email us for business to business inquiries
    Is it safe for all filter systems? Yes
    Is there a wait period after adding CC? One hour is recommended.
    Can I use CC on new plaster? CC should only be used in pools with cured plaster. Curing can typically take up to 6 months for new or resurfaced pools. Please consult your pool professional regarding the cure time.
    Will CC make my pool cloudy? In some pools occasional cloudiness may occur when applying CC. If this happens, allow 24-48 hours for water to clear.
    Will CC stain my pool? Staining can occasionally occur. If this happens, consult your pool professional for products used to treat pool stains."

I'll sell you bleach a lot cheaper! Sorry, my bleach has no zinc in it and is not known to "stain" pool surfaces. You gotta pay extra for that!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

I wouldn't use it. That's the purpose of CYA stabilizer. IMO.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Just an online company trying to sell you a product you dont need
    Nathan
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Cupric Sulphate is a copper salt. Copper is what turns hair green and can cause staining so it isn't TFP recommended.

The owner states that he constantly fought clarity issues, scrubbed his pool daily, and used tons of "shock". I rarely have clarity issues, rarely scrub my pool, and use no shock.

How do I do it?
    I'm glad you ask!

A revolutionary new product called SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE!

If anyone wants to buy our ultra-concentrated 12.5% I will be very happy to sell it at $39.95 a gallon! Or you can get it in stores for $2-$4 a gallon if you prefer.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

6. Back To Top    #6

Like I said "good sales pitch" if this stuff did all he claimed it would it would be the most popular product on the shelves!
    My pool:
    Built 2004, 14K gal, IG plaster,Pentair WhisperFlo 2 HP pump(1 speed), Pentair FNS Plus DE filter,
    In Floor cleaning system, Attached Spa with Spillover seperate WhisperFlo pump for jets.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Donldson
    Cupric Sulphate is a copper salt. Copper is what turns hair green and can cause staining so it isn't TFP recommended.

The owner states that he constantly fought clarity issues, scrubbed his pool daily, and used tons of "shock". I rarely have clarity issues, rarely scrub my pool, and use no shock.

How do I do it?
    I'm glad you ask!

A revolutionary new product called SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE!

If anyone wants to buy our ultra-concentrated 12.5% I will be very happy to sell it at $39.95 a gallon! Or you can get it in stores for $2-$4 a gallon if you prefer.

Sounds fantastic! Where do I order?? LOL! How often would you add this revolutionary product to your pool?
    My pool:

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by JT2006
    How often would you add this revolutionary product to your pool?
    Huh, and I just had that epiphany on why BBB will never be huge. When asked how much and how often, our answer is, "I don't know, post a full set of test results from a test you probably don't have yet and we can teach you how to keep your pool clear forever." When this Crystal Clear guy is asked the same question, he says "Add 2 liters a month for a sparkling clean pool." Sure, he is pretty much lying, but doesn't that sound so much easier.

Um, anyway, enough with that seriousness. I have some labels to peel off bleach bottles and put on the "Revolutionary product created by elite chemists to Clean, Clarify, and Clear your pool like never before!" labels. It's the CCC system! One better than that BBB you may have heard of
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Donldson
    Quote Originally Posted by JT2006
    How often would you add this revolutionary product to your pool?
    Huh, and I just had that epiphany on why BBB will never be huge. When asked how much and how often, our answer is, "I don't know, post a full set of test results from a test you probably don't have yet and we can teach you how to keep your pool clear forever." When this Crystal Clear guy is asked the same question, he says "Add 2 liters a month for a sparkling clean pool." Sure, he is pretty much lying, but doesn't that sound so much easier.

Um, anyway, enough with that seriousness. I have some labels to peel off bleach bottles and put on the "Revolutionary product created by elite chemists to Clean, Clarify, and Clear your pool like never before!" labels. It's the CCC system! One better than that BBB you may have heard of
    Makes sense, I'm a newbie just want to learn all this stuff so I can fire the pool service

Thanks, and good luck with the "new product" sales!!
    My pool: