Pool wrigglies

Jul 11, 2013
Pool chemicals have tested out fine, if anything ph is a little low. Couple days ago shocked and this evening saw noticable piles of debris so I vaccuumed...what I saw was a bunch of little white, ricelike worms/larva/ ??? They are about size of a quarter of a piece of rice.At first squirming when out of pool , while vaccuuming noticed alot floating in pool as well. So next day I super shocked and called local pool experts. They recommended algaecide. Did that and vaccuumed up half of what I did first day...all dead yesterday. Evening vaccumed again and now only a bit. What are they? R they harmful? How do I get completely rid? First time poster...new member... Thanks! :x Not mesquitos!

Is there as tree or two near your pool?

I get something similar every spring, from the trees overhanging my pool. I don't know what they are, I just vacuum them out daily for about two weeks, then they are gone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.