Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool wrigglies

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool wrigglies

Pool chemicals have tested out fine, if anything ph is a little low. Couple days ago shocked and this evening saw noticable piles of debris so I vaccuumed...what I saw was a bunch of little white, ricelike worms/larva/ ??? They are about size of a quarter of a piece of rice.At first squirming when out of pool , while vaccuuming noticed alot floating in pool as well. So next day I super shocked and called local pool experts. They recommended algaecide. Did that and vaccuumed up half of what I did first day...all dead yesterday. Evening vaccumed again and now only a bit. What are they? R they harmful? How do I get completely rid? First time member... Thanks! Not mesquitos!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mexico, MO

Re: Pool wrigglies

Is there as tree or two near your pool?

I get something similar every spring, from the trees overhanging my pool. I don't know what they are, I just vacuum them out daily for about two weeks, then they are gone.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

Welcome to TFP!

Can you post a picture of them?
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

4. Back To Top    #4

Never heard of that .. Yuck!

You didn't need to add algaecide for that. If your FC levels are good, all is well
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

5. Back To Top    #5

Where are you located?
    5,061 gallon Intex Ultra Frame 16x48 Saltwater Krystal Clear
    Softub 280