Skimmers not working

Jul 11, 2013
I am new to pool maintenance but I have a basic understanding of how the system works. Let me preface this by saying we had a pool party last month and water balloon pieces may/did get into the drain and skimmers. When I cover the drain hole in each skimmer there appears to be ample suction, my hand gets yanked down pretty forcefully. There is no vortex of water bringing debris to the bottom of the basket and nothing is being drawn into the skimmer opening, it just floats by. The strange thing is when I attempt to vacuum, the hose no longer has to be twisted into the drain opening, it doesn't make a tight fit, it just sits there very loosely. The same thing in the other skimmer. It seems the hole is bigger now or there was a piece on the hose that used to make a tight seal in the hole that is no longer there??? All three jets appear to have the same force they have always had. Help...

Matt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.