Trying to clear up water, what's your opinions?

amanda

Jul 2, 2012
Georgetown, KY
I do have water test #'s from the pool store. I go there every couple days(more if needed) and in between those times I use my cheapo test strips everyday. I will have a test kit as soon as I can afford it!

FC 2
TC 2.39
CC 0.39
PH 7.9
TA 170
CH 146
CYA 34
There is a couple more readings on various things also. they told me the phosphate level is 1000.

the water is cloudy blue. just can't seem to get it clear. any help would be greatly appreciated!
(we use bbb)

Anytime you have cloudy water you have organics in your pool and you need to SLAM your pool. http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/shocking_your_pool

Phosphates are nothing to worry about when you use BBB. Don't let the pool store talk you into phosphate removal junk... buy a good test kit with the $ instead :wink:

I didn't plug in your numbers in the pool calculator, but your FC should be higher. That's probably the explanation for the cloudy water. Bring your ph down to 75. and then do the SLAM process and then keep your FC at a higher level so you don't risk it going too low again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.