Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Trying to clear up water, what's your opinions?

1. Back To Top    #1

Georgetown, KY

Trying to clear up water, what's your opinions?

I do have water test #'s from the pool store. I go there every couple days(more if needed) and in between those times I use my cheapo test strips everyday. I will have a test kit as soon as I can afford it!

FC 2
    TC 2.39
    CC 0.39
    PH 7.9
    TA 170
    CH 146
    CYA 34
    There is a couple more readings on various things also. they told me the phosphate level is 1000.

the water is cloudy blue. just can't seem to get it clear. any help would be greatly appreciated!
    (we use bbb)
    Morada AGP 24 foot, 52 inch deep
    DE filter, 2hp pump, inline chlorinator
    Set up on July 1st, 2012
    Goal is to use the BBB method!
    VERY new to the pool scene!
    Love the Pool School, still learning so much!
    Thank you in advance for your advice and help!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Trying to clear up water, what's your opinions?

Well if those results are true (often pool store results are not correct), then you are not maintaining a high enough FC level to clear the pool. You need to do the SLAM process. See:
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Trying to clear up water, what's your opinions?

Anytime you have cloudy water you have organics in your pool and you need to SLAM your pool.

Phosphates are nothing to worry about when you use BBB. Don't let the pool store talk you into phosphate removal junk... buy a good test kit with the $ instead

I didn't plug in your numbers in the pool calculator, but your FC should be higher. That's probably the explanation for the cloudy water. Bring your ph down to 75. and then do the SLAM process and then keep your FC at a higher level so you don't risk it going too low again.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.