Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I think my pump has died

1. Back To Top    #1

I think my pump has died

I need to have a small hissy fit rant about this stupid pool!

The weather has been crappy since the install and all I have done is clean with no playing. Now that the weather is supposed to be sunny, warm, and no rain. The water temp was 80 today. I put on my bathing suit, got the vacuum ready to get the crud out from the last 2 storms, turned the pump on..... And all it does is just buzz. No water moving through!

Hubby is going to check it when he gets home but I think it has given up the fight! Any recommendations on what might help him fix it?

If all else fells, what should I replace it with? I am thinking of the Intex Salt Water system with pump and filter included.

Thanks for listening to my rant. Any advise is appreciated!
    Intex 24'x52" Ultra Frame AG, 12,481 gal.,
    Krystal Clear Model 633t pump, 2,500 GPH, 1/2 HP
    Install 5-17-2013

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I think my pump has died

If you have to replace it the Intex 2650 gph pump filter combo is your best choice.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

X2 on the intex 2650 sand filter, it has good reviews. I would avoid buying it with the swg built in...they will never fail at the same time.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! I looked at those earlier. Are sand filters pretty easy to deal with? I have just mastered this cartridge filter. How to vacuum and that fun stuff.

Can we still swim this weekend without a pump running? I keep the chlorine above 5 at all times. I don't mind using the brush to stir the water either. That is what I did while filling until the water level got up to the pump level.
    Install 5-17-2013

5. Back To Top    #5

imo, sand filters are easier then cartridges to deal with. When a sand filter needs cleaning you just change the position of its valve and backwash the crude out of the filter. Takes a minute and you do not have to take anything apart.

Plus, the intex cartridge filters are junk, but their sand filters work just like any other sand filter.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you sooooooo much for the quick replys. If he cannot get it working this evening I will order the sand filter tonight!
    Install 5-17-2013