Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: what is the depth of the intex pool

1. Back To Top    #1

what is the depth of the intex pool

Hi, Looking at getting a 16 x 48 intex. I assume the the "walls' are 48" high. About what level does the water sit at? If my almost 8 year old can stand in it I might go for the 52"

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: what is the depth of the intex pool

Usually the water level is about 5-6" below the wall height I think. Although I think I read that you could keep the water even lower than that.

EDIT: Actually I am not sure if you are talking about an inflatable ring pool or the metal frame.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

The max water depth on the 52 is 46", although you can certainly fill it less than that.
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Talking about ultra frame. So I can go lower than 46 on a 52" pool. MMmmm?? Might just go for that. Meijers has 18 X 52 with sand filter for $459. MMmmmm???

5. Back To Top    #5

Yep, you can go as low as just above the intake (which according to the instructions is the lower hole, about half way up the side), I used the lower hole as my output and installed the Hayward skimmer where the upper hole was, which limits how low I can go with water levels, but you won't have that issue.
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter