Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TA says it should turn red mine turned dark pink

1. Back To Top    #1

TA says it should turn red mine turned dark pink

Hi im new to your site and have already learned alot from the pool school. I bought a good test kit and have done my first tests. It was easy and fun. One question i have is when the test for TA says it should turn red mine turned dark pink is that the same thing? I didn't want to continue to add drops if i didn't have to. Thanks for the great web site and information i have already saved money on supplies.
    1972, 25900gal, IG, Plaster, DE 36sqft Nautilus FNS,Wisper FlowWFE 3 HP3/4, Pentair Cleaner w/pump Centurion Switchless motor 3/4. Test kit TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What we need to know to answer your questions

Welcome to TFP!

For any of the drop transitions in color, such as from green to red in the TA test, when you see the color change you add another drop to see if it changes again (mostly in hue). If it does, then add yet another drop. That is, add drops until you don't see a change in color and then don't count the last drop. This technique is so that you don't count an intermediate gray or gray-red as the end when the next drop goes to a more definitive red. Having it be more pink then red may be OK if another drop doesn't change it to a much deeper red.

As described in the Extended Test Kit Directions

Continue adding drops until the color changes to something more or less red, pink, yellow, or clear. The sample may switch between green, blue, and gray while you are adding drops. That is not the color change you are waiting for.
    Continue adding drops as long as the color continues changing. The final drop, that does not change the color any further, does not count.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: TA says it should turn red mine turned dark pink

Welcome!

Did you get the speed stir? If not your testing will be even easier and more fun with it!
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: TA says it should turn red mine turned dark pink

Awesome! Thanks just what i needed.
    Appreciate it.

To harleysilo: No i did not get the speed test, but i will thanks.
    1972, 25900gal, IG, Plaster, DE 36sqft Nautilus FNS,Wisper FlowWFE 3 HP3/4, Pentair Cleaner w/pump Centurion Switchless motor 3/4. Test kit TF-100