Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anybody heard of the Liquibuddy Chlorine System?

1. Back To Top    #1

SF Bay Area

Anybody heard of the Liquibuddy Chlorine System?

Has anybody heard of the Liquibuddy Chlorine System before? Evidently Tri-City Pool Service out of Fort Myer, Florida has developed this system and encourages all of their customers to use one in order to avoid the pitfalls of CYA overstabilization. If I'm reading the article correctly, Tri-City is giving these away free to their customers. I have no idea if they are selling these units to non-customers. ... html#story

Is this just a poor man's Liquidator?

24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    1998 Polaris 380 pressure-side cleaner w/ 3/4 HP booster pump
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana
    Here's the key quote
    we install at no cost to the home owner the Liquibuddy Chlorine System© as part of the weekly maintenance programs that we offer.
    You pay a weekly fee for the service that includes the feeder.

It looks like it feeds the NaOCl undiluted into the pump, which would bother me a little.

It's still nice to see a pool service company that understands the issue and is trying to provide their customers with a solution.

I'm going to create a "Deep End" topic to discuss a couple of other things from the site.

ETA: here it is Deep End Topic
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL
    Just goes to show NOTHING is ever "free".....LOL
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner