18x48 inflatable ring easy set leaning

Jul 12, 2013
I just set up and filled my 18x48 easy set inflatable ring pool. I thought I had the ground level but after filling it, It is leaning to one corner a few inches. What should I do? I was thinking about carefully digging out under the higher corner to relieve some pressure. Or draining some water and try to wedge a few sand bags under the lower corner. I really dont want to drain the whole pool, already have the salt/ph etc good. Is it in danger of collapsing? Like I said it's roughly 2 inches or so off to one corner and can see it leaning. Any advice?

It will slowly roll to the down hill side and will eventually dump itself. I know for a fact, mine did, took about a month. Happened late at night, and no one hurt or anything damaged. Found it early one morning, re-leveled and didn't have any further problems.

Im going to bite the bullet and at least take most of the water out and build up the low side, I am sick of worrying about it. I'm the kind of person that will lose sleep until its right. I have read not to use sand, what should I use. I would think paver sand would work. I appreciate the advice, I am new to this.

You should always dig down to the lowest spot ... unless you have the appropriate equipment to adequately compact any backfill ... which most people do not. Otherwise the weight of the water will just compact your fill and put you out of level again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.