Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 18x48 inflatable ring easy set leaning

1. Back To Top    #1

18x48 inflatable ring easy set leaning

I just set up and filled my 18x48 easy set inflatable ring pool. I thought I had the ground level but after filling it, It is leaning to one corner a few inches. What should I do? I was thinking about carefully digging out under the higher corner to relieve some pressure. Or draining some water and try to wedge a few sand bags under the lower corner. I really dont want to drain the whole pool, already have the salt/ph etc good. Is it in danger of collapsing? Like I said it's roughly 2 inches or so off to one corner and can see it leaning. Any advice?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 18x48 inflatable ring easy set leaning

I'll take the corporate line here! If it's more than 1" out of level you should drain and relevel. I know it's a bummer but that's the only advice I can give.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

It will slowly roll to the down hill side and will eventually dump itself. I know for a fact, mine did, took about a month. Happened late at night, and no one hurt or anything damaged. Found it early one morning, re-leveled and didn't have any further problems.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

4. Back To Top    #4

dont think I could get away with digging under the higher end without dumping the entire pool?

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't see how, you need to dig everything down to the lowest point to get level.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

6. Back To Top    #6

Im going to bite the bullet and at least take most of the water out and build up the low side, I am sick of worrying about it. I'm the kind of person that will lose sleep until its right. I have read not to use sand, what should I use. I would think paver sand would work. I appreciate the advice, I am new to this.

7. Back To Top    #7

Building up does not typically work.

- Sent using Tapatalk
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

8. Back To Top    #8

so digging the higher end is better?

9. Back To Top    #9

You should always dig down to the lowest spot ... unless you have the appropriate equipment to adequately compact any backfill ... which most people do not. Otherwise the weight of the water will just compact your fill and put you out of level again.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

now I have something to do tomorrow...lol not that I want to but I know I have to...thanks again