I need help to fix my pool light!

Jul 12, 2013
I need some help on what size of light gaskets for my 30 year old pool lights that still work. I realize that these lights are most likely not made anymore; however I don't want to buy new lights if these just need cleaning. The glass lens are dirty inside and I want to clean them and replace the gaskets. I will shut off electrical power to the pool for this project. The larger one has a glass lens about 7 inches in diameter which is surrounded by a metal face plate that was made by Purex. The smaller light is about 3.5 inches in diameter surrounded by a metal face plate that doesn't have a name on it; see photos. Also please recommend where to buy online for fast delivery. Thank you!

Attachments

• small pool light.jpg
    small pool light.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 83
  • large pool light.jpg
    large pool light.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 83
Mine isn't made anymore either! :)

light2.jpg

light1.jpg

Thanks for your replies. I opened up the light and it was filled with a dark gooey substance that was too difficult to clean, so the pool light was irreparable. Thanks for your ideas. I am going to have to replace the entire lightxprobably with a Pentair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.