Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I need help to fix my pool light!

1. Back To Top    #1

I need help to fix my pool light!

I need some help on what size of light gaskets for my 30 year old pool lights that still work. I realize that these lights are most likely not made anymore; however I don't want to buy new lights if these just need cleaning. The glass lens are dirty inside and I want to clean them and replace the gaskets. I will shut off electrical power to the pool for this project. The larger one has a glass lens about 7 inches in diameter which is surrounded by a metal face plate that was made by Purex. The smaller light is about 3.5 inches in diameter surrounded by a metal face plate that doesn't have a name on it; see photos. Also please recommend where to buy online for fast delivery. Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    11K gal, AG 15x26x54, 18" Hayward sand filter 1 1/2hp

2. Back To Top    #2

Orange County, CA

Re: I need help to fix my pool light!

Can you make out the labels on the light housing for either? You may be able to search on the web and find some gaskets. Purex parts are still available from several online vendors.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

3. Back To Top    #3

Dallas, TX

Mine isn't made anymore either!

Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW MO

I know nothing about pool lights, but auto parts stores often have gasket material to make your own gasket. Just a thought.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for your replies. I opened up the light and it was filled with a dark gooey substance that was too difficult to clean, so the pool light was irreparable. Thanks for your ideas. I am going to have to replace the entire lightxprobably with a Pentair.
    11K gal, AG 15x26x54, 18" Hayward sand filter 1 1/2hp