CYA reading

Aug 11, 2011
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding CYA readings in warm water.
I know from reading this forum, that the results might be effected if the water is too cold. How about really warm water? We were gone for a week and had the solar cover on and the pool temerature is now 90. I started the season with a CYA of 60. I tested last night and could still see the dot clearly at the 20 marker. I will let it cool a little and test again, even though I know the rest of the family will declare me insane if I now start putting poolwater in the fridge in order to ajust the poolwater for testing... :shock: :roll:
We had a lot of rain this season so I am sure it went down due to draining, but I was just curious if warm water affects the reading as well?

The CYA test is ALMOST unaffected by temp. At very cold temps it can register off a little low and sample should be warmed up to room temp. That's it.

You have apparently lost all your CYA although that's pretty darn unusual. Recheck your test but chances are good you need to add some CYA. Do you have an autofill device?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.