Questions about Inflatable Ring Pool Skimmer

Jul 11, 2013
Cabot, VT
Hi,
My first and currently most annoying problem is that the pool surface skimmer with basket that I have is a P.I.T.A. :evil:

We have this setup - which looks lovely when the nice man in the video installs it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPS7hL4pd-M

However, ours:
1) is for inflatable ring pool - and I worry about it wearing on the ring.
2) has a broken and duct taped hanger (we're in VT, we use duct tape for everything) :mrgreen:
3) continuously floats away and goes all askew and starts sucking air. :(

I don't know if the hose I have is too rigid and keeps pushing it above water or if this is a notorious problem.
(I have seen many rants but no solutions as of yet, so I don't think I am alone in this.)

I resorted to a plastic coated dumb-bell and an old phone cord to weight it down but am looking for a more elegant solution.

Anyone have one of these that they actually like and works well for them?

Thanks, JSCHU67

@ JCP - thanks for the correction on the gal. # - we don't have a manual and I got that figure from some online calculator, but guess the slope makes quite a difference between the top diameter and the bottom diameter. I'm sure this will help my chemistry quite a lot! lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.