Hi, I am new to the forum and in the final stages of selecting a pool company. I would like some advice on the quote/cost but also would like to understand if the equipment is the correct size/make...etc or if there is anything that is being missed.
Here is the quote I have so far - it is just for the pool:
The Pool size is approximately 760 sq. feet including the raised spa. The depth is 3'-6' with no diving board.
1) COMPANY X TO SUPPLY CONCEPTUAL DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION BLUEPRINTS, AND ENGINEERING DRAWINGS.
2) COMPANY X TO OBTAIN BUILDING PERMITS.
3) EXCAVATION AND SOIL REMOVAL.
4) FIVE (5) HYDROSTATIC RELIEF PLUGS.
5) SIX (6) STEEL REINFORCING RODS PER PERIMETER FOOT IN BOND BEAM…EXCEEDS INDUSTRY STANDARDS.
6) GUNITE STRUCTURE, ENGINEERED FOR FROST AND FILL CONDITIONS.
7) 6” BAND OF CERAMIC SWIMMING POOL TILE. THE LARGEST SELECTION OF ACID AND FROST PROOF SWIMMING POOL TILES AVAILABLE.
8) CANTILEVER FORMING OR PAVER BULLNOSE COPING.
9) (4) SHALLOW END STEPS.
10) SUN LONGE AREA W/ UMBERLLA SLEEVE
11) CUSTOM BLENDED COLOR QUARTZ POOL FINISH.
12) CLEANING AND FILTRATION SYSTEM.
A) 450 SF COMMERCIALLY RATED CARTRIDGE FILTER WITH LIFETIME WARRANTY WITH MICROBAN ANTIMICROBIAL FILTERS. (No Backwashing Required)
B) 2 HP TRISTAR ENERGY SAVER NON-CORROSIVE PUMP.
C) TWO (2) DELUXE EXTRA LARGE SKIMMERS WITH CATCH BASKETS.
D) DIRECT PLUMBING WITH INDIVIDUAL NEVER LUBE VALVES.
E) SAFETY DOUBLE BOTTOM DRAIN.
F) DUAL RETURNS WITH DIRECTIONAL FITTINGS.
12) TWO (2) COLORLOGIC LED LIGHTS.
13) ROPE AND FLOATS.
14) CLEANING KIT.
15) 6' LOVE SEAT WITH STEP.
16) INDOCTRINATION AND START UP INSTRUCTIONS.
17) ALL PHASES OF CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISED.
18) TRANSFERABLE STRUCTURAL WARRANTY PACKAGE.
19) TEMPORARY CONSTRUCTION FENCE.
20) SILT FENCE.
AUTOMATIC POOL CLEANER…HAYWARD PHANTOM VAC. ¾ HP BOOSTER PUMP.
The Industry’s Only Total Pool Cleaner
SPA… 50 SQ. FT. SPA WITH (8) JETS. INCLUDES: 2 H.P. SILENT AIR BLOWER, LED LIGHT, BENCH WITH STEP AND SPA TO BE ELEVATED 18” W/ TILE FACING.
HAYWARD GOLDLINE AUTO CONTROLS P/S – 8 W/ SALT GENERATOR
HEATER… 400,000 BTU’S WITH ELECTRONIC IGNITION. HAYWARD H – SERIES.
TOTAL $ 58,275.00
OPTIONS AND ADDITIONS TO ABOVE
ELECTRIC –30 AMP SUB PANEL, TIME CLOCK AND OUTDOOR RECEPTACLE
UP TO 270 Lf. HOOK UP TO BOOSTER PUMP, POOL PUMP, HEATER, BLOWER,
(2) POOL AND (1) SPA LIGHTS & CONTROLS INLCUDES ALL GFIS FOR POOL EQUIPMENT. $ 3,380.00 (OVER 270 Lf. = $ 6.50 PER ADDED Lf.)
GAS- INSTALL 130 L.F. OF NATURAL GAS. $ 1,995.00
(OVER 130 L.F. = $ 13.50 PER ADDED L.F.)
DECK/BONDING LOOP- BY BUYER
FENCE – BY BUYER
GRADE - FINAL GRADING, BACKFILLING, SPRINKLER RELOCATION AND LANDSCAPING – BY BUYER
STORM WATER MANAGEMENT BY -BUYER IF REQUIRED.
TOPOGRAPHICAL SURVEY, ENGINEERING, AND VARIANCE FEES BY BUYER.
TRACKING PAD AND LIMIT OF DISTURBANCE FENCE – BY BUYER, IF REQUIRED.
DOOR ALARMS – BY BUYER IF REQUIRED.
SOLID ANCHOR 18 OZ COVER WITH PUMP. $ 4,445.00
Any counsel would be much appreciated. Also would like to hear thoughts on payment terms. I spoke to several people who had pools installed an all of them complained that they should not have given all the money until final punch list was done/signed off as they couldn't get them back for months.
Thank you for any help.