Gotta question

I recently got on this site to learn how to get rid of mustard algae. It worked! Thanks! I have read most of the information on this site and just want to clarify...the only reason to shock the pool is if you have algae or high CC? Meaning, if you keep your FC at the recommended level for you CYA and your water is clear without algae, etc, there is no need to shock or SLAM?
Thanks

Shellspool said:
I recently got on this site to learn how to get rid of mustard algae. It worked! Thanks! I have read most of the information on this site and just want to clarify...the only reason to shock the pool is if you have algae or high CC? Meaning, if you keep your FC at the recommended level for you CYA and your water is clear without algae, etc, there is no need to shock or SLAM?
Thanks
Welcome! :wave:

Yes, you have discovered the secret...

Ok.so now that I have shocked the heck out of the pool, do I just give it time to let the FC get to a lower level to be able to swim in or is there something I am going to need to do to drop the FC? My normal CYA is 30 to 40 (no I have not purchased a good test kit yet) and my FC tonight was 12 . I understand from the chart that my FC should be maintained at 4 to 5. What level of FC is safe to swim in and do I need to do something besides just wait to bring it down to that level? Thanks so much!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.