Weed/ant killer question

AprilNC

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Should I / Did you spray weed killer underneath your AGP? I am getting ready to spread out the pad so we are ready to put the liner in tomorrow and wondering if I should do that first? I have some bermuda grass that keeps spreading to the sand and several small ant hills ...

I had to google what it was ... and we do have some of that on our property, but not in the pool area ... and since we have been doing this leveling for months and I haven't seen it then I think I am ok ... but I will make sure to go ahead and get some of that spray and watch for it coming to this area ... learn something new every day!!

I had one more question ... Is there a way to test a sand filter before you fill the pool ... I have no reason to believe that the one that I have won't work - but it hasn't been run for 1.5 years ... I guess I need to figure out what kind it is also so I can put that information here.

I do not have a sand filter but reading here I have learned sand does not "wear out", it only needs to be replaced if you are converting from non-chlorine to chlorine chemicals. As long as the filter doesn't leak and internals are not damaged, it should be fine.

The sand may need to cleaned but the backwash process will help to do that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is the information on the filter and the pump ... I guess I need to figure out how quickly the water will cycle with this set up ... how often I need to run the pump ... and if it is sufficient

(and what of this information I need to put in my signature!)

Filter - Hayward sand filter
1.4 sq ft filtration area
25 GPM dssign flow rate
35 GPM filter and backwash rate
50 PSI max work pressure

Pump -
Sta-Rite
3.4 HP
3450 RPM

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.