Hole in Vinyl Liner - How to repair it?

I have an inground pool that has a hole above the water line in the deep end, but it is on the corner. Can I patch it? It is (or was) about 6 inches long. The man at the pool store said a patch wouldn't work, I needed a new liner, and I should use duct tape for the time being. I know I do need a new liner, but that is in the budget for next summer. What are your suggestions to get us through this summer???

Welcome to TFP!!

Go ahead and patch it :)

As you said, it's above the water line , so all you need is something to keep the pool water from getting splashed behind it.

Patch as I advised above and you should be able to make it through this season :cool:

I have read all the above Q and A of this same problem I have (cracks/cuts on bottom of liner on folds), which I believe the cuts were made from the Barracuda vacuum getting stuck for a couple of hours a few times over.. So if it is impossible to fix as you say on the Folds, yet the liner is all but 4 years old, and this is the second time this has happen, exactly the same as the first liner when pool was built in 2003, what could be the problem in why this keeps happening?
Also I hired the best pool maintenance company around, owner seemed to be very knowledgeable in all fazes, yet this started to happen (folds) 2 years back regardless, as far as the cuts just recently, noticed drop in water, and 1" a day, very costly in our area..
Now the maintenance man said the reason it had happened the first time was more than likely do to Chemicals not being dispersed evenly throughout the pool, which changes the PH, especially if the chemicals are thrown in that same area and not swept etc. to which I replied that I did not do that, I would always broadcast the chemicals throughout the pool. He also said that the leakage could have been caused by improper liner not being placed correctly, which the Folds are close to the drain.. So after replacing liner, all was good for about two years and then it started again and now I have cuts in three or four places on those folds.. what do you say? By the way I fired the maintenance company, not because the owner was not good, but the workers he would have on his routs sucked! and I could not deal with them any longer, but that's another story... so any advices?

I have one that is about 3 x 3 inches, but its also on a piece of liner that has fallen out of track. I fixed the same issues with the liner falling out with hot water and elbow grease. Am I going to tear the hole more? Which should I do first, patch, or put the liner back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.