Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa light in 45' pool- convert to LED?

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa light in 45' pool- convert to LED?

My pool has, from what I can tell, is a Sunlite 5602 spa sized light. It's a 120v with 250w bulb. I just replaced the bulb and the whole inside is badly corroded. I can't tell what kind of niche it has other than it's stainless, has a flat edge at the bottom for the "hook" in the light, and a nut at the top that the screw threads into.

I'd love to upgrade to a color changing LED, but have concerns. First off, I'd hate to spend $500 and find out it won't fit in the niche. Secondly, is the small size of the light for the pool. Is some color better than none? Or should I just leave the 250w halogen? Lastly will the pentair intellibrite 5g spa light fit in place? Looks like it will from the pics.
    45'x12' 17k gal, IG plaster, Pool Pilot Nano+ SWG, 1/2hp Whisperflo pump, PAC-FAB TA-60D sand filter, Raypak 266 heater
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = Trouble Free Pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spa light in 45' pool- convert to LED?

Anybody?
    45'x12' 17k gal, IG plaster, Pool Pilot Nano+ SWG, 1/2hp Whisperflo pump, PAC-FAB TA-60D sand filter, Raypak 266 heater

3. Back To Top    #3

I am going through exactly what you are. I would like to replace my incandescent pool and spa lights with LED's.
    I have Jandy receptacles and the only way to get LED's is to replace the entire housing and cord, all 100+ ft of it, no easy task.
    J&J makes replacement LED bulbs, they won't fit in my Jandy receptacle, but they may in yours. Best to call the company
    and check. Here is there site: http://jandjpoolspa.com/

J&J makes a really great color changing bulb called the ColorSplash or if you want just white, it's the Pure White2.

If your housing is badly corroded, you just may have to bite the bullet and replace it all, cord included. In the long run, it'll
    look better and you won't have to worry about replacing the LED bulb for at least 10 or more years.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have an email into pentair since they own sunlite and the leds. Ill see what they say.

5. Back To Top    #5

Update from Pentair- looks like to need to save up some $$$.

The 5G spa light can be used in the Sunlite niche.

Thank you,
    Diane Albin
    Pentair Aquatic Systems