Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaComfort heat pump with Pentair EasyTouch

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaComfort heat pump with Pentair EasyTouch

I wonder if anyone could give some advice on the Aqua Comfort heat pumps and if they can be hooked up to the Pentair EasyTouch automation controls. I cannot seem to find anything to tell me whether the pump can send flow, temperature and status information to the EasyTouch in a similar manner to the AquaCal heat pumps or if it is simply a case on switching it on or off and using a separate temperature sensor for the automation. I plan to use the EasyTouch with IntelliChlor and use the ScreenLogic control interface from my iPad and Mac.

I would like to use the AquaComfort ACT1750 if possible due to its higher BTU rating and ability to run at low flow rates and at lower temperatures as I am in CT and have a variable speed pump. I have no NG available at the house and do not want to go with a propane heater.

My second choice would be the AquaCal SQ175 as I believe that it is able to interface with the EasyTouch.

Any information, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks very much for your help.
    27x12.5 in-ground marcite with spillover spa attached-Jandy CS150 cartridge filter- Jandy FloPro VS pump- Jandy Aquapure 700

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: AquaComfort heat pump with Pentair EasyTouch

Sure, the EasyTouch is capable of controlling just about any heat pump, including both of the ones you mentioned.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School