New Pool with Liner Issues

Jul 11, 2013
Wichita, KS
New Pool with Liner Issue

Hey everyone. New to the forum and love what I have read so far.

I just had a 18X36 inground vinyl liner pool installed (metal walls). We put stadium seating across the entire shallow end. The pool was filled last Friday and Saturday. The liner fits perfectly except for the top step. The liner just isn't flush against the wall above the top step. Probably about an inch or two from being flush. The pool builder said it will stretch and become flush over time, but I am hesistant to believe that. I hate to cut his final check with a faulty or issues with th liner. I'm also worred about putting a hole in the liner because that IS WHERE PEOPLE STEP.

Any advice is appreciated!

Agreed it's been 4 days, IF is was gonna self adjust i would think it would have done so.

Where is the seem in the liner at transition from pool wall to top step? Is it a inch or two away from the spot where vertical wall meets top of step (stepping surface)?

harleysilo said:
Agreed it's been 4 days, IF is was gonna self adjust i would think it would have done so.

Where is the seem in the liner at transition from pool wall to top step? Is it a inch or two away from the spot where vertical wall meets top of step (stepping surface)?

The corners are good and flush. Then everywhere else on the wall is not flush. And yes about the seem...it is about an inch or two off (starting at about 6 inches from each corner).

I'll post some pictures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.