Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool with Liner Issues

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool with Liner Issue

Hey everyone. New to the forum and love what I have read so far.

I just had a 18X36 inground vinyl liner pool installed (metal walls). We put stadium seating across the entire shallow end. The pool was filled last Friday and Saturday. The liner fits perfectly except for the top step. The liner just isn't flush against the wall above the top step. Probably about an inch or two from being flush. The pool builder said it will stretch and become flush over time, but I am hesistant to believe that. I hate to cut his final check with a faulty or issues with th liner. I'm also worred about putting a hole in the liner because that IS WHERE PEOPLE STEP.

Any advice is appreciated!
    18 X 36 (21,000 gallons?), IG Vinyl, Tagelus High Rate Sand Filter (Model TA 60/60D - 60 gpm), 1.5 HP Waterway 48 Frame Special Flow Rate Pump (Model SMF-115), Installed June/July 2013, Auto Polaris Cleaner with separate pump, Inline Chlorinator (NOT USING - Using the BBB Method), Waterfall, Stadium Seating Entry, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir (Wichita, Kansas)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool with Liner Issues

Don't pay final until he fixes. That is NOT normal.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_R
    Don't pay final until he fixes. That is NOT normal.
    Is draining the pool the only way to fix it?
    18 X 36 (21,000 gallons?), IG Vinyl, Tagelus High Rate Sand Filter (Model TA 60/60D - 60 gpm), 1.5 HP Waterway 48 Frame Special Flow Rate Pump (Model SMF-115), Installed June/July 2013, Auto Polaris Cleaner with separate pump, Inline Chlorinator (NOT USING - Using the BBB Method), Waterfall, Stadium Seating Entry, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir (Wichita, Kansas)

4. Back To Top    #4

Agreed it's been 4 days, IF is was gonna self adjust i would think it would have done so.

Where is the seem in the liner at transition from pool wall to top step? Is it a inch or two away from the spot where vertical wall meets top of step (stepping surface)?
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by harleysilo
    Agreed it's been 4 days, IF is was gonna self adjust i would think it would have done so.

Where is the seem in the liner at transition from pool wall to top step? Is it a inch or two away from the spot where vertical wall meets top of step (stepping surface)?
    The corners are good and flush. Then everywhere else on the wall is not flush. And yes about the seem...it is about an inch or two off (starting at about 6 inches from each corner).

I'll post some pictures.