Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need pump help!

1. Back To Top    #1

need pump help!

Update on the leak post I had. Y'all were spot on and after sealin light conduit leak has stopped now I have the issue of the pump since the water levelevel dropped to half. I am getting the water I fill in the skimmer basket to flow freely after turning pump on but that's it. The pump will not suck a large amount of water with the skimmmer and main open just a trickle. I do not have anything coming out of my returns. New to pool maintenace had home 2 days now. The water level is over half the skimmer mouth. Any ideas on getting her circulating is appreciated and thank u! O and the filter psi reads 0
    26000 gal fibergalss inground
    1 md 1 skimmer
    Emerson 1801 pool pump
    Sand filter
    Wish iknew more about my own pool moved in home july 9.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: need pump help!

First, the easy one....if your pressure reads zero with the pump on, the gauge is bad. It happens fairly often, and it's a cheap fix, so take care of that first.

Second, what kind of equipment? What kind/how big is the filter and pump? Also, please put all of your pool specs in your signature line so we can see what you've got at a glance.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: need pump help!

The pump is an emerson 1081 pool motor. The rest I am unsure. The pool is inground fiberglass one main drain and one skimmer with 4 return jets I believe. I will update my signature when I get home at 6 this evening as I do not know much about this pool as of now. I believe we have a sand filter and a 6 position valve? With recirculate filter closed backwash waste and one other. I appologize for my lack of knowledge. Once I can figure out pics I can post them but am not very interweb savvy. Thanks for the reply!
    26000 gal fibergalss inground
    1 md 1 skimmer
    Emerson 1801 pool pump
    Sand filter
    Wish iknew more about my own pool moved in home july 9.