Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Family planning

1. Back To Top    #1

Family planning

Hi

I know I am new here and a bit of a noob but here is some sound advice about pool maintenance, when your wife suggests the correct procedure to fix the pool just agree then go and do it the real correct way. DO not do what I did and tell here she was wrong then prove it, gig mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But she still loves me or she said she did when I eventualy came around :P :P :P
    Living in Cyprus
    In ground overflow pool tiled 12m X 4m 19507 Us gals 16243 Imp gals
    1 Kw motor 15 cu m per min Sand filter
    I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel but it was just some PERSON with a torch walking toward me.
    I started out in life with nothing and I still have most of it left.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Family planning

Early on in my marriage, I practiced this sentence in front of a mirror over and over. "You're absolutely right, dear."

25 years later, she says she can still detect sarcasm in my voice. I need to work harder on that.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

LOL. That advice applies to many other situations as well. :P

I recently got a dedicated ice freezer (got tired of having to go to store at last minute just for ice before a party or before heading out of town for a guys weekend at the ranch). DW initially sweated me over the purchase but after a recent party, she admitted that it was very convenient to have. After I came to, I had to make a note of her comment on the calendar for posterity.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4

Just tell her how lucky she is to be married to such a smart guy. That should bring her around.

Oh wait...that's what I told my first wife. Nevermind....
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

Occasionally I use this one on my wife......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FDUr5HtSxI
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

6. Back To Top    #6

Yeah well, I take care of the pool and pretty much everything else around the house due to my husband's apathy about anything that doesn't involve computers, yet he still likes to be a know-it-all on pretty much every topic. When I comment on checking the pool's stabilizer, my husband is fond of saying, "You can never have too much stabilizer!" After about the fifth time of me explaining why you can have too much stabilizer, he finally admitted, "I know, I know, you know more about this than I do!"
    23K gal., kidney IG vinyl, 3/4 HP pump, sand filter, Baracuda G2

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

"I know, I know, you know more about this than I do!"
    Did you detect any sarcasm?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

No, more of a grudging admission that maybe I do know more about something than he does!
    23K gal., kidney IG vinyl, 3/4 HP pump, sand filter, Baracuda G2

9. Back To Top    #9

Anything technical or electronic is my domain; I'm a geek from way back. DH is the mechanical one -- plumbing, construction, design -- with decidedly creative vision. The man has remodeled our entire house from the studs out; it's amazing. My kitchen is beautiful -- good thing since I cook three meals a day, seven days a week!

In 13 years of marriage, he's had to say "honey, just trust me" countless times. And he's always been right.

PLEASE don't tell him I said that.
    BBB/TFP/Taylor K-2006 Evangelist!
    6/13 - Installed AG Sharkline Heritage 21'x54" 11K gallons. Hayward 1660s sand filter, Hayward single-speed 1 hp pump; city water. Husband builds, I maintain.
    5/11 - Starter pool 6000-gallon Intex Ultra 16'x48" AG with standard 1500 gph 1/3 hp cartridge filter.

10. Back To Top    #10

My husband just said:

I oughta listen to you more because you've been right and I just keep messing up.

*said while in a lot of pain as he spoke through the phone from his hospital bed in the trauma center*
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

You are correct, thanks for helping dear
    I believe you are correct
    Thanks for idea, let me go try that
    Yes dear, I believe you are correct
    Great idea... I wished I had thought of that...

You are free to use any of the above that still work for you and don't earn you a place on the couch... with a pillow.

23 years of marriage.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

12. Back To Top    #12

just remember......you can be right or you can be happy,it took me a while but I finally got it
    28'x52" with7' deep end AG 2hp pump 3.1 sq ft sand filter 25500 gal,TF-100 test kit