Automatic Water Leveler Puzzled... Need Advise

jshbkr

Mar 24, 2010
Below are pics of my automatic pool leveler which is NOT working. The level in the fill tube varies from the pool level either higher or rarely lower. Now its higher and hasn't reduced for over an hour.
-I have sprayed a water hose in both end and comes out the other end.
-I have blow 100psi air through (I think this made the prob worse)
-I dug the little bit you see in the pic and no leaks so far.

The fill line is 45deg to straight pipe traveling "away" from the pool return which is at the circled area.

My thought is that there's an air pocket (like a pee trap) somewhere in the line. So I'd need to cut and raise the line to the fill tube, but potentially all the digging I do it maybe under the concrete area. I'm hoping its before the 180deg turn to the pool return. Any advise?

BTW: the fill was never hooked up since purchasing the house until recently when I ran a line.
[attachment=0:1orhdxax]photo 1.JPG[/attachment:1orhdxax][attachment=1:1orhdxax]photo 2.JPG[/attachment:1orhdxax]

If I spray a hose into either port it comes out the other end. Filling the "fill tube" with water it does NOT flow to the pool.

If there's a pee trap type effect with an air pocket... this can only prevent connecting the bodies of water IF its above the water lines, correct? If this is the case, I don't understand how this is possible since the line "seems" to run well below the water levels. I guess I have to start digging.

I thought usually the Autofill is as close to the pool as possible with short straight pipe. Odd that your equilizer pipe starts off the wrong direction and has so many turns ... although I am not sure why it would not work.

I do recall reading about installing the auto-fills that the pipe was supposed to be sloped in a certain way to make sure it worked correctly, but again I am not sure why it should matter if the pipe stays below water level.

Do you have an electrician's fish tape you can run thru the pipe to see if comes out? You may simply have an obstruction or break in the pipe.. If you find one, you will have an idea where to dig as you know how many feet from your stating point it is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.