Free Chlorine Trouble

Jul 10, 2013
New to site and frustrated with my pool. Troubleshooting for 3 days now.
My metrics are as follows:
Vinyl inground pool with 22k gallons. Jandy pump with cleaning system and inline chlorinator
Free chlorine was zero over weekend and I had pink algae surface in skimmers but nowhere else in pool. I shocked twice and was able to keep FC at 3-5 ppm for over 32 hrs. All other levels right on target. Treated with pink algaecide. No sign of it since. Pool is super clear. I took reading this morning and everything was perfect. I only added some calcium to raise by 50 ppm. 12 hrs later and everything is good except FC is zero and TC is also zero. I havent backwashed at all. Other readings are TC = 0, alk = 100, ph = 7.6, CH = 100, CYA = 50-60. Any help is appreciated.

You are either not adding enough chlorine to your pool to keep it in there during the day or you have an algae bloom or both.

I would add enough chlorine to get to somewhere around 10 ppm tonight, shut of all other sources of chlorine and perform the OCLT. Pool School teaches you how and we will help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.