Selling home,fiberglass pool. Is closing in summer different

I think that it would be beyond the folks looking after my property to keep the pool algae free. I am debating between pumping out the pool as close to empty as possible or just lowering to usual closing level. Will a covered pool be o.k. with summer heat? Is the lack of light with a cover on sufficient to prevent algae problems. What would you recommend?

Re: Selling home,fiberglass pool. Is closing in summer diffe

I'd think the water temp alone would be enough to promote algae growth regardless whatever else you might be able to do with it full. Pumping it mostly down is never a good idea either.

DigitallyChallenged said:
5600 gallon pool. Add a bottle of bleach per week?

Depends what you CYA is as that protects the FC from the sun and buffers the FC.

A 121oz bottle of 8.25% bleach will add about 14ppm of FC. That should last a week with a cover on assuming the water is currently clean. Still would be good to know what the CYA level is.

Would be better to be testing and adjusting the FC at least every 3-4 days with the cover on.

A good test kit would be a huge help with your levels and where to keep them. TF 50 or TF100.

Just dumping a bottle of bleach in is not what I would reccommend. You need to know what your CYA level is so you can maintain a proper FC level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

With it covered it should have a pretty consistent FC lose. Maybe you could figure that out and just have somebody add some bleach 3-4 times a week or how ever it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Are you going to continue running the pump for part of the day?
A pool can not stay clear and totally be ignored. At a minimum you need to be adding chlorine and making sure the skimmer is clear and the pump is running.

You really have 3 options:
1. Let it go swamp
2. Keep it open, covered, and have someone (the mower?) add bleach and empty the skimmer and hope for the best.
3. Hire a pool service to maintain the pool until it sells.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.