Pool is green

pool now just cloudy

MOD edit: Let's keep your posts about this issue together. Thanks, linen
Hi all,
Pool is now just milky cloudy..no green.
test results
CL--burnt orange
PH--7.5
TA--250
TH--300
CYA--60
Now what do I need to do? :cry:

Re: pool now just cloudy

Posted this on July 10th (Hello,
Pool is a hazy green color.....
PH..7.5
Chlorine test shows almost a burnt orange color....almost ready for drain and refill.
Please help).
Used shock process, but have not added anything for 24 hours.

Re: pool now just cloudy

Sounds like you need to SLAM the pool (formerly called shock process), which will be hard to do without the proper test kit. I believe those Intex filters can take a long time to clear up the water.

Kim1965 said:
I only have the hth 6 way test kit from walmart....so how can I move forward?
Well....

For starters, what is the CYA level? If it's too high, the chlorine level to SLAM it will be outrageously high, which would make your situation pretty hopeless.

If it's reasonable, there are work-arounds until you get the proper test kit, or at least the FAS-DPD portion.

So let us know what the CYA level is.

Here's another person who started out using your test kit. shock-not-working-t64500.html

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi, back again. Got the FAS/DPD test kit
Results are:
TA--210
TH--250
FC--34.5
CC--0
TC--34.5
PH--7.2
Pool is clear, but have what looks like sand lines on bottom of pool...at a complete loss of what to do next. Please help. I have pics of water but cannot get them to load to the forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.