Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Intelliflo #011018 - Rotate the control panel?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Intelliflo #011018 - Rotate the control panel?

My buddy is about to upgrade to a Pentair Intelliflo #011018.

Problem is that, the location where the pump will mount, is very very tight (other water feature pumps, associated plumbing, etc) and, the way you would have to stand over the pump in order to operate the pump controller, the controller display will be upside-down and thus will be very difficult to read as you look down upon it to program it, etc.

Can the controller body / display on these pumps be disassembled and re-assembled, with the top half of the controller being rotated 180 degrees? The drawing below from the manual makes it ***seem*** like it may be possible. I'm looking at where the drawing calls out "Note: Do not remove these screws":

I already have one of these pumps at my house, so if no one has experience with this, I might take a crack at it

38,500 gallon free form pool, Gemstone finish by Burkett's, FNS Plus 60, Pentair Intelliflo Pump #011018, Solar, 12 4x12 panels w/Compool LX220....Soon to be adding automation.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Intelliflo #011018 - Rotate the control panel?

I don't know if it's possible, but it all depends on how the display board is mounted.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In theory that is possible, but in practice you would need to create some custom adapters to get it to work. You will presumably also void your warranty.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

At one time I could have sworn I saw an adapter cable where you could mount the drive remotely from the pump, but I can't find it now.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Call Pentair and get an answer right from the horses mouth. 800-831-7133

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I think i'll start by calling Pentair to see what solutions they can offer!!