Can't figure out how to turn on my spa?

JT2006

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Southwest Arizona (Yuma)
Spa is attached in ground I can't find anyway to turn the pump on for the jets?? The circuit breakers are both on, and wires lead from there to this black box mounted on the wall (see the attached picture)then to the spa pump? I cannot find a switch anywhere...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 135
To Expand on Bama's post:

In the image the red circle is the switch that is driven by air. The air tube probably goes to a button flush mounted on the spa. Sometimes the tube will get pushed out of the bottom of the air switch making it non functional. Take a look around the spa ... then around the pool are for something that looks like this:
http://www.smarthome.com/42685/Intermat ... pas/p.aspx

Attachments

• spa.jpg
    spa.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 126
Okay I looked again and found this in the spa deck... I'm thinking this is most likely where my button should be located and it may. Have stopped working so the previous owners just put a plug in it? If I am correct how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Jb

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 119
Got to a real computer. That is indeed the switch. You should be able to pry it out of its hole with a chisel, big screwdriver etc.

Once it's out there should be something that looks like an aquarium tube attached to the back. You can just replace the "switch" with one that fits in the same hole.

There are two alternate possibilities. Replace the air switch electronics with a physical switch. Alternate 2 - cut the air line and install a new air switch right at the pump area. I would only go with the alternates if replacing the plunger at the spa doesn't do the trick.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update!

Ok so I replaced the air switch... Didn't work, so I cut the tube just below the box and put the new air switch on there...still nothing, so I just wired a regular old switch on it and, sure enough, came right on and I got jets:) but now I got another problem... I let the jets run for a few minutes and they work great but when I went to shut them off there was water everywhere... I have a leak between the motor and pump housing:( could this just be a seal or do I have bigger problems?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.