Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anybody know about Easy Set covers? Floating pucks?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anybody know about Easy Set covers? Floating pucks?

My tiny AGP is finally running smoothly. I am now looking to accessorize!

Seriously though, I was thinking about a pool cover. Intex sells one for my pool that is only 9 bucks. I want the cover to keep leaves and debris out of the pool though most of that comes from the feet of my three year old. Speaking of which, I also thought the cover might provide another layer of safety for small kids around the pool. Though for 9 bucks it seems like it might be too insubstantial to keep a kid from falling through even though they may only weigh 40 pounds. Any thoughts on this?
    Easy Set, 1000 gal., cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Anybody know about Easy Set covers? Floating pucks?

It certainly could not be viewed as a safety cover.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Elverson Pa.

I don't think that cover your talking about is going to provide any amount of safety. I've never seen a safety cover for that type of pool.

As for the junk getting in the pool, you could run the hose out to it to spray the little ones feet off or if that's not possible put a basin of water there to rinse feet off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Antelope, CA

As to your floating pucks comment. We don't recommend them for normal daily maintenance. With a small pool like your, You could simply add liquid bleach to keep it clean (and filter it). if you go to you can see how much to add. We recommend a high quality test kit but with tiny pools (not the ones sold in most stores), some add a set amount of bleach each day and then do a dump and fill of it gets too green.

If you water is expensive or otherwise difficult, the cost of the kit is lower than cost of a dump and fill. We recommend the TF50 or TF100 for most owners.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5
    Mint Hill, NC

A non-safety cover can actually increase danger of drowning. Entrapment can occur with these. Be careful.

- Sent using Tapatalk
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

SE Minnesota

Get one of those covers that wrap around the ring and can be cinched tight with the pull cord. They work really good. I use a heavier rope to wrap around the cover, the pull cord is pretty light.
    Intex Easy Set 18'x48" 7 years old (retired)
    Intex Ultra Frame 26'x52"
    Intex 2,500 gal/hr pump with Unicel cartridge filter.