New to the site

Jun 25, 2013
I know I shouldn't say this, but everything is great with my pool for the first time in 2 years. (Kiss of Death, right?) A little history, bought an AGP 5 years ago. Was talked into Baquicil. 2 years ago, contracted a case of the dreaded white mold. Pumped hundreds of dollars into fighting it for 2 years. Pulled back the cover this year, mold completely covered everything! We drained all the water!. Shrunk the liner. Dealer wouldn't even talk to us. In the process of looking for new liner, I discovered this site. Reading the advice you gave others, we were able to put in new liner. Bought TF-100 test kit, and for the first time ever, I feel like I have a handle on what is going on with our pool. Switched to chlorine and have been taking readings and adding BBB when needed. It's nice to take the Ipad to the pool deck and get readings on the spot. Water is clearer than ever! My son just had a pool party and all said the water was great, no red eyes, etc. Wanted to thank everyone involved with this forum and we will continue to visit daily.

Our pool is a 16 X 32 Doughboy with a 6ft deep end. Poolcalculator estimated us at 17100 gallons.
Readings as of 710/13
FC - 3
CC- 0
TA-120
CYA-30 (if I'm reading it right, dot was barely visible at 40)
PH- 7.6

Please tell me if these readings indicate anything wrong to anyone, because to my eyes and nose, the water is perfect. Thanks again.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

Congrats on taking control ... and even doing it without having to ask us for help :goodjob:

Readings look good to me. :swim:
Only comment is to make sure the FC does not drop too low ... if you think the CYA might be between 30-40ppm, you may want to treat a FC of 3ppm as your minimum.

Nice job :cheers:

:wave: Welcome!

Glad you have found joy in pool maintenance after a rocky start!

Your pool readings look good... Like the others mentioned, I would keep the FC a little higher just to ensure you don't ever drop below your minimum for your CYA.

Hope u ain't getting tired of hearing how awesome this site is, but here goes any way. Huge rain storm in east Tn last night. 3 to 4 inches of rain. My wife freaked out and emptied some water, it was to the top of skimmer with more coming, so I agreed. Checked this morning with kit, levels were low on almost everything, ph was 7.8. Was just thinking back to before the change over and we would have had no clue what to do. By the time the pool store gave us the wrong advice, it would have been a mess. I feel like I know now exactly what to add and how much. Pool already almost back to full sparkle. This site and pool calculator have saved our summer. :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.