Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: temp reading cpsc

1. Back To Top    #1

temp reading cpsc

I have a compupool 36 that has been running a few months. When i access the temperature reading from the unit, it can be fluctuating anywhere from 10 degrees above or below the actual temp from a thermometer in the pool. (checked it with two different thermometers in the pool). Actual temp in pool is 86 degrees. Does an inaccurate temperature reading from the unit affect the salt generator output?

Thanks
    12000 gallons
    Sand filter
    Inground
    Plaster
    hayward super pump 2 - 1hp
    Dave

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: temp reading cpsc

On the compupool systems, it will not affect anything.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I "think" on the Hayward systems it would just affect the reported salt level, but not necessarily the output unless the apparent salt level got out of range and the unit shut down. Although granted I am not 100% sure how they work.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

So it is just a feature that really does nothing other than tell you the temp? Have you ever heard of this sensor going bad?
    12000 gallons
    Sand filter
    Inground
    Plaster
    hayward super pump 2 - 1hp
    Dave