sand filter problems

May 14, 2013
s.w.Idaho
I have an above ground pool 15000 gal., 1.5 h.p. pump, 200# sand filter. when vacuming dead algea from pool it just passes through filter. I tried putting D.E. in filter, but it seemed to pass through also. I changed the sand earlier but still have problem

welcome to TFP.

What is the filter pressure?
Do you have a multiport or a slide valve?
If you ave a multiport, is the valve set to filter and not to recirc?
When was the last time you opened the filter?
Is there any leaks around the filter?
Is there any water leaking through the waste port?

Bama Rambler said:
welcome to TFP.

What is the filter pressure?
Do you have a multiport or a slide valve?
If you ave a multiport, is the valve set to filter and not to recirc?
When was the last time you opened the filter?
Is there any leaks around the filter?
Is there any water leaking through the waste port?
pressure is 10# multi port valve set to filter,opend filter week ago,no leaks,don't know if leaks at port vale. how do I check?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It would be great if you'd put your pool and equipment info in you sig. That way we don't have to look for it in a post.

Once you take the top off the multiport valve it will probably be obvious what the problem is if there is one.

Bama Rambler said:
It would be great if you'd put your pool and equipment info in you sig. That way we don't have to look for it in a post.

Once you take the top off the multiport valve it will probably be obvious what the problem is if there is one.
sorry. I didn't have that info when I registered, and don't know how to enter it now. I would be glad to put it in my sig if you will tell me how. thank you all for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.