CC = 0, is that good or bad?

Jun 24, 2013
I've tested my pool using the chlorine test in the TF-100. In all the times I've tested, my CC = 0. I can't seem to find a good answer as to whether this is good or bad? I think it's good, but would like to make sure.

Thanks,
--Michael

It's a complex chemical process but simply put....CC is created anytime organic substances are oxidized by the chlorine in your pool (which is anytime someone gets in the pool). The catch is there needs to be enough additional FC to break down the CC and complete the process. If you are detecting 0 and you are maintaining the right FC....everything is happy.

0 cc is only one of the indicators, if the water looks dull or cloudy, if you see visible algae, if you can't hold chlorine overnight then you might need to SLAM your pool. If everything looks good and you're holding chlorine overnight then your fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.