Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: just getting started

1. Back To Top    #1

new pool owners need help

My wife and I just bought our very first pool this year. I really need help, We bought an summer escape 16' x 48" round AG POOL.
    I picked the very best spot in our yard that looked pretty level, I even put sand in the spots that looked low, while filling the pool everything seemed
    fine and level until the water reached its proper hiegth.The pump sits higher than the water line can I dig around the side of the pump to level out the pool or do I really need to drain, I really don't want to drain and have to fill it up again with the cost of water. Please can someone help me out .
    Thank You
    Blaine Shahan

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new pool owners need help

What is the problem? The pool is tilted? Or that the pump is too high and won't prime?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for answering;
    The pool is titled, the side with the filter is higher than the water line so I can't use the pump to use the filter. I hope I'm explaining this well enough to understand what I'm asking.
    Blaine Shahan

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by basjas86
    Thanks for answering;
    The pool is titled, the side with the filter is higher than the water line so I can't use the pump to use the filter. I hope I'm explaining this well enough to understand what I'm asking.
    If the pool is more than an inch out of level, your worst fear is true. there's no way to fix it without draining.

If the pool is level, but the pump is up hill, then I see a lot of pick and shovel work and a retaining wall in your immediate future.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

just getting started

Merged topics. Please keep all info in this thread so that responders can see the history Butterfly

This is a follow up from my first letter. Our pool tilted to one side making it unleveled and the pump and filter was higher than the water line. I drained our pool now do I raise the lower side or lower the high to make it level. What is the easiest thing to do so we can enjoy our pool while there is still sometime left to enjoy our new pool.
    Thank You
    Blaine Shahan

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: just getting started

It is recommended to lower the high side, i.e. dig down. You can find installation threads here that go in to specific detail.

This thread look interesting here-is-how-to-properly-install-an-ag-pool-t47619.html
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing