Aquabot PURA doing backflips

Jun 29, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I bought an Aquabot Pura 4x in early May, until 2 weeks ago it worked fantastically then it started turning turtle. Every time it is run it flips over within 5 minutes, it has never done this before. Does anyone have a clue why it started this annoying behavior?

Max

I sent an inquiry in on Aquabots support pagehttp://www.aquabot.com/support/ last night and received a response first thing this morning. The email asked for my phone number and the technician called me ASAP to assist diagnosing the issue. Turns out that there was water in the float that is on the power cord. This lack of buoyancy pulling up on the top of the bot was allowing the water jet to push it over on its back. He asked that I email him a copy of the receipt and he would register my unit and send a UPS pick up ticket to have it shipped to their factory in New Jersey where they would repair it free of charge.
Silly me couldn't find the receipt so I dropped by the pool store where I purchased it to get a copy, lo and behold the manager at NPS told me to go get it and they swapped it out for a brand new one!
After the Aquabot guy told me about the float this morning I put a 8" piece of pool noodle on the cord just below the float and the unit worked like a charm.

Max

I love mine! And was very impressed with their response to my problem. When I first got the Pura 4x my filter was tiny and my pump was junk, the Aquabout cleaned up my pool and kept it clean for the 3 weeks delay in getting my new equipment. I did have to rinse the filter bags once a day but that is easy as can be. Now that I have a good filter and pump the bags only need cleaning every week or two.

Max

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.