Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: L.E.D. Lighting

1. Back To Top    #1

L.E.D. Lighting

How many Jandy 12v led lights to light a 14x19.6x30 ft pool? 7? Is that the way to go to light pool? Can these types of lights face the house? Any and all advice is welcome!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: L.E.D. Lighting

If this is an L shaped pool at least 2 providing they are pool not spa lights.I dont recommend any lights facing the house if thats where you sit by the pool.The glare can be annoying.
    16x32 vinyl ig with foxguard steel walls,gli liner ,hayward de filter,hayward heatpro heat pump,hayward colorlogic 4.0 led.pentair circular weir skimmers.hayward sharkvac xl robot,gli mesh cover.polk atrium speakers,sonos music system.erie pa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Ty Loudonno! Yes it is an L shaped pool. But Would 2 be enough as I understand these lights are way less bright than standard pool lights? (That's why I also thought could be ok to face the house.) How about 3 Jandy 12 v led pool lights facing away from the house? Also, how bout sides of the pool? Why not there?

4. Back To Top    #4

Alizastrohli Post subject: Re: L.E.D. LightingPosted: July 10th, 2013, 6:58 am
    New User

Ty Loudonno! Yes it is an L shaped pool. But Would 2 be enough as I understand these lights are way less bright than standard pool lights? (That's why I also thought could be ok to face the house.) How about 3 Jandy 12 v led pool lights facing away from the house? Also, how bout sides of the pool? Why not there? Anyone & everyone that shed light on this subject are asked to reply please! Ty!!

5. Back To Top    #5

This is really a question of personal preference. More lights will provide more illumination. The L shape means you want at least two lights. Beyond that, it is difficult to guess at your preferences.

Most people prefer the lights to not point at the house, but again this is a personal preference issue.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Ty JasonLion! I'm thinking 3-4 along length of pool facing away from house. One on the 1st stair/sun shelf and the other 3 evenly distributed along pool wall. Would it be redundant to have a light placed on the pool wall below the light placed at the stairs/sun shelf?? And how about on either side of the pool? One at the shallow end and one at the deep. Was thinking to put a light on each end. Any reason not to? Remember these are 12 v led lights which I've heard are less bright. Please advise!! Need to decide by this afternoon!

7. Back To Top    #7

I have a 14x28 pool and two Jandy LEDs barely light it. I think you need four, two on each leg of the L.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

8. Back To Top    #8

Ty ComputerGuyinNola!! Sorry abt ur lighting situation but that's great info for me to have!! What do you think of six Jandy 12 v led lights in my 14'x19'-6"x30' pool? One on each side (shallow end and deep end) and 3 evenly distributed along pool wall facing away from house plus one more at stairs? (As stated above) Just want to make sure it's not overkill... Anyone can weigh in!! Tia!!

9. Back To Top    #9

There are videos online of jandy led lights in operation, perhaps watching one of those might help.The 12 volt vs 120 volt light output should be the same.I have one hayward colorlogic in my 16 x 32 rectangle and i can see in the pool fine.The shallow end is dim on certain colors but i can still see.But I can also see where someone else might want more light.like lion said personal pref.
    16x32 vinyl ig with foxguard steel walls,gli liner ,hayward de filter,hayward heatpro heat pump,hayward colorlogic 4.0 led.pentair circular weir skimmers.hayward sharkvac xl robot,gli mesh cover.polk atrium speakers,sonos music system.erie pa.

10. Back To Top    #10

That's a great idea I will check out video...also good to know equivalent of 12v. Takes some of the mystery out of it...Ty!!